So this is me, Isis Illiana Terra Firma. I’m the Wielder of the Purple Staff of Death. My identical twin (who, by the way, is younger than me) and I inherited jobs on our twelfth birthday. Lifetime jobs that have plenty of responsibility but don’t pay money. It’s sort of like being royalty without the recognition.
Oh, yeah. No one should know about our jobs. That is, we’re not supposed to tell anyone. Of course, our parents know; our best friends know; and their parents know. And Tom Cularad and his wife know. It’s hard to keep secrets, but we don’t announce it in the newspapers or TV. Willoughby and Granddad say it’s best to keep it secret.
Of course, having a blog sort of defeats the purpose of not telling anyone. But no one’s going to pay attention to the blog of a middle school kid. At least, I don’t think they will.
- Age: 12
- Height: 5 feet, 9 inches
- Hair color: Dark red with three white streaks
- Eyes: Green
- Birthmark: Pale birthmark in the shape of a turtle on collarbone
- Grade: 7th
- Favorite Subject: English
- Sport: Swimming, archery
- Musical Instruments: Piano
- Interests: Reading, watching movies, singing, playing computer games
- Favorite Movie: Gone with the Wind or, despite its inaccuracies, The Mummy, which is a lot of fun
- Granddad: Augustus Octavian Firma
- Dad: Terrence (‘Terry”) Tacitus Firma
- Mom: Eurydice Korina Kelley Firma
- Identical Twin Sister: Electra Morpheana Terra Firma
- My 5-year-old Identical Twin Brothers: Sherman (“Shermy”) Tank Firma and Herman (“Hermy”) Tank Firma
- Aunt: Epiderma Elouisa Firma, who’s the identical twin of my Dad
- Aunt: Eudora Oddi Kelley, who’s the identical twin of my Mom
- Uncle: Maxwell Hammer, who’s Aunt Eudora’s husband
- Cousin: Radcliffe Hammer, who’s the son of Aunt Eudora and Uncle Maxwell
- Ancestors: Serafin
- Original Human Ancestor: Starlight, a Paleo-Indian (I don’t know whether she’s our original human ancestor; she had to have parents and grandparents, but we don’t know their names; we just know her name).
- Near Term: Learn how to be the best Wielder I can be.
- What I’m Going to Do When I Grow Up: You got to be kidding. I want to write stories, but now I wonder if I’m going to be able to do that. Being the Wielder kind of takes up all my time. I don’t know how Granddad had time to be a carpenter and a builder.